When your child visits a dentist for kids in Carlsbad, they will learn specific habits that can be used to keep their teeth healthy and strong. The usual recommendations include brushing and flossing, and it is also a good idea to teach your child about healthy food choices that can strengthen their teeth. Here are a few delicious foods that can strengthen your teeth:
- Apples and celery are great because they can help to scrub your teeth while you are chewing. The fiber in fruits and vegetables is bulky and good for your teeth.
- Milk is a great option to strengthen bones and teeth, because it is a good source of calcium.
- Cheese is also a good source of calcium. Additionally, it has been found that cheese can help to neutralize the acid that is in plaque.
- Water helps to maintain good hydration, and it can also be beneficial to wash away leftover food pieces after eating.
- Bell peppers, kiwi, citrus fruits, and strawberries are great sources of vitamin C, which is beneficial to strengthen your immune system and boost the production of collagen in your gums.
In addition to adding these healthy foods into your diet, it is also a good idea to avoid sugary treats which can lead to tooth decay.
To help your child learn more about dental health, it is important to have them visit a dentist for kids in Carlsbad at least twice a year. Call Carlsbad Children’s Dentistry to schedule an appointment: (760) 633-1131