Taking your child to a pediatric dentist in Encinitas is a big first step for both you and your child. Most children will probably be a bit reluctant–and even fearful–of the experience, and parents are bound to feel a little trepidation as well. But the experience can actually be a very positive one, and it is definitely necessary. As a parent, there are a number of things you can do to both to ease your child’s worries and to ensure that he gets the very best dental care possible from a pediatric dentist in Encinitas. Here’s a checklist of things you should ask your potential dentist before bringing your child to his first visit.
- How long have you been working with child patients?
- Where did you receive training for pediatric specialization?
- How do you deal with children who are afraid of the dentist’s office?
- What services do you provide?
- Do you see infants and toddlers? What about adolescents?
- When should I take my child in for his first visit?
- Can you provide references?
These questions will help you determine how qualified your dentist is to treat your child and give you an idea as to his professional demeanor as well. More than qualifications, you also want to ensure that your child will be totally comfortable in the dentist’s visit, and that the first experience is as positive as it can possibly be.
Get a better idea of the type of dentist you are choosing for your child. Call us at Carlsbad Children’s Dentistry 760-633-1131 and we can help!