There is a noticeable difference in the environment of different dental offices, and many parents have commented about the fact that their children enjoy visits with a pediatric dentist. A regular dental office often feels sterile and uncomfortable, but a dentist for kids in Carlsbad, such as Carlsbad Children’s Dentistry, works hard to create a fun environment that is warm and welcoming to each child who walks through the door. There are several in-office features that make a pediatric dental office stand out from the rest:
- Fun toys and games: A pediatric dentist wants to make sure that the children have something enjoyable to do while they are waiting, so they provide games and toys. From the moment the child walks through the door, they will be able to find entertaining activities which makes the experience more pleasant and enjoyable for both the children and the parents.
- Movies in the dental chair: Another feature that makes a pediatric dentist unique from a regular dental office is the fact that there are children’s movies available to watch during the appointment. Kids love the idea of laying back in the chair and looking up at the ceiling to see a fun cartoon to watch. They also have their own headset, so that they can listen to the movie during their dental checkup.
- Dental office staff: Each employee at a pediatric dentist is trained in specific behavior modification techniques to help the child during the appointment. Positive reinforcement is a big factor in the conversation, and they talk with the child and make sure that each child feels comfortable throughout the appointment.
- Specialized experience: A dentist for kids in Carlsbad has more experience working with dental issues that are specifically related to children, which makes them highly qualified to be working with your child. Pediatric dentists only work with children, which allows them to focus their skill set around the younger patients.
- Unique in-office treatments: One of the unique treatments that can be experienced in a pediatric office is sedation. There are certain circumstances when sedation might be considered, such as a situation where the child will have a difficult time sitting still during a long dental treatment or if the child feels anxiety or stress over visiting the dentist. Parents can talk with the dentist to decide if sedation is the right option for their child.
As you can see, there are many factors that make a pediatric dentist very unique when compared with a regular dentist. Once your child has visited a pediatric dentist office, it is very likely that they will prefer the pediatric dentist over the rest. It is a win-win situation because the child is happy about the fun environment, and the parent is happy to know that the dentist has specialized experience focused on children.
We would love to talk with you about the dental services that are available at Carlsbad Children’s Dentistry, call us to schedule an appointment today: (760) 633-1131